Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Fairytales are all but lies ?

Frodo: I can't do this Sam.

Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.

Frodo: What are we holding on to Sam?

Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for.

- Lord of the Rings. The Two Towers.

To all NSFs out there, none of us want to do what we are doing now but too bad we have to. So keep your spirits up and our ORD will come sooner than expected. Always remember, its definately worth fighting for. I have to say most of you guys are very lucky to be able to go thru NS smoothly unlike yours truely here. Plagued by injuries and always being in the wrong place at the wrong time is just too much for me to take. It only rubs it in when only last wee, I was given a posting of my dream and barely 24hrs into the course, I will be forced to be out of course because of a wound that fails to recover in time. I hate it when fate plays such a big joke on me yet again. Why must it always be me la fuk !?

Yes I'm feeling damn depressed and fuk up now. All the drive & motivation to become a welfare commander that used to keep me going is now gone along with the infectious pus that the doc drew out from my wound. I will just make do with what new posting that OC will give me this coming friday. Just suck thumb, serve my term and then get lost. I know I have let myself and the people around me down but I'm just not strong enough to pick myself up this time around. Never in my life, I suffer from this "defeated mood" for so long. Maybe this is a growing up process or be it a test of faith but what ever the case it, please grant me the strength to get back on my feet. If not SAF is really going to lose a willing NSF. =P

*Fate may deal a lousy hand now but the wheel of fortune is always spinning. When will it be my turn ?
~Nil Sine Labore



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home